[ANNOUNCE] xorg-sgml-doctools 1.7

Cyril Brulebois kibi at debian.org
Wed Mar 30 09:59:21 PDT 2011

Hi Gaetan,

Gaetan Nadon <memsize at videotron.ca> (29/03/2011):
> Gaetan Nadon (3):
>       config: comment, minor upgrade, quote and layout configure.ac
>       DocBook/XML: add support for docbook external references
>       Version bump: 1.7

building an updated package, a few new files come up, which have a
surprising name:
| dh_install --fail-missing
| dh_install: usr/share/sgml/X11/xorg-fo.xsl exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
| dh_install: usr/share/sgml/X11/xorg-xhtml.xsl exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
| dh_install: usr/share/sgml/X11/dbs/masterdb.txt.xml exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
| dh_install: usr/share/sgml/X11/dbs/masterdb.pdf.xml exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
| dh_install: usr/share/sgml/X11/dbs/masterdb.ps.xml exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
| dh_install: usr/share/sgml/X11/dbs/masterdb.html.xml exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
| dh_install: missing files, aborting

(dh_install warns us about the new files)

Do we really have a .xml per output format?

On a related note, I've been killing (not shipping) *.xml files which
get make install'ed in other packages (along with *.pdf, *.html, *.txt)
but I think I forgot to ask you whether they could be useful for some
purposes. Is there any point in shipping them? If not, what about
stopping make install'ing them?

KiBi.