Google Summer of Code - Greetings

Abhishek abhiit2k7 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 00:38:34 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I am Abhishek Jha. I am a fourth year student of Mathematics and Computing
in IIT Kharagpur, India. I would like to take part in GSoC 2011 for X.org
project.

I have never participated in a large opensource project. But I think
this could be an excellent opportunity for me to get involved in X.org
project.

I have played a little bit with xlib and xcb. I think I can try my hand on
XCB keyboard support.

For the moment I have planned to look how awm has implement keyboard support
for XCB.

Do you have any advice for me? Where should I start?

By the way, I also have some experience with Python. So I can also try
working on porting XPyB to Python.

Abhishek Jha