RandR 1.4 restart

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Mar 1 21:35:49 PST 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:47:51 -0800, James Jones <jajones at nvidia.com> wrote:

> The distinction between randr crtc pixmaps and composite backing
> pixmaps is getting thin enough that both should be kept in mind when
> working on either of the two.

Good point. I hope the automatic crtc pixmap resize will work in this
context; it probably matters that the pixmap isn't actually
'reallocated', but that a new pixmap is created and the existing XID is
pointed at the new pixmap, so that any other existing users of the
pixmap (probably including Render Pictures) will continue to point at
the old pixmap.

keith.packard at intel.com