problem with multithreaded application and Xlib

Francesco Abbate francesco.bbt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 08:57:43 PDT 2010

2010/9/28 Peter Harris <pharris at opentext.com>:
> On 2010-09-28 11:19, Francesco Abbate wrote:
>> What happens is that the secondary thread blocks during the XSync
>> operation until the main thread receive some events.
>
> Sounds a lot like
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xcb/libxcb/commit/?id=2040f10a4efa95092bc9409c5b20347989b5f0a2
>
> Can you try that patch to libxcb and see if it helps?

Hi Peter,

thank you for the answer. Actually I was suspecting the xcb library
but I'm not expert enough to be sure about that :-)

I would like to test the patch but I guess is going to take some time
and I can make the computer of my wife instable with all the related
risks :-)
What shoud I recompile exactly ? The whole Xlib, only the xcb library
or it is even more complicated ?

Francesco