X server 1.10 development cycle

Vignatti Tiago (Nokia-MS/Helsinki) tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Tue Sep 14 05:53:53 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:55:58PM +0200, ext Keith Packard wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:23:27 +0300, Tiago Vignatti <tiago.vignatti at nokia.com> wrote:
> >
> > I thought you were "almost there". Could you elaborate a bit more what was the
> > state of your last attempt please?
>
> Technically, I think we can merge the repositories easily; I've got
> scripts that do the bulk of the work. The questions left were mostly
> procedural -- we need someone to do release management for the headers,
> and if we're integrating a ton of different extensions, that will take
> some care.

right. And in short now, what are the motivations (pros and cons) to do such
work?

> > what would be the viable option for closed drivers in this case?
>
> I don't see that they have much relevance in this discussion; they won't
> get integrated anyway.

that's true. But I was thinking more in terms of code, for instance if we
would delete the loader and drivers would be linked against the server.
Anyway, that's orthogonal subject and could be discussed once drivers got
merged.

             Tiago