[ANNOUNCE] libXcomposite 0.4.3

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 28 12:09:47 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 11:08 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> It sounds like this scheme would result in man pages not being built
> by default, but they still are because it looks like we fallback on
> using the .man generated by the packager's 'make dist'

Yes, the tarball contains the .man files which will be "sed" into .3
files. The makefile is designed to abort if one tries to generate a
tarball without running xmlto, so as not to distribute a tarball without
the man pages.

One side-effect for developers who work without xmlto is that they
cannot run distcheck on a regular basis as a quality assurance measure
as the makefile is designed to abort to prevent the creation of
man-pageless tarballs.