xf86-video-geode build error running jhbuild

Dirk Wallenstein halsmit at t-online.de
Sat May 29 06:26:20 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 08:47:04AM -0400, Gaetan Nadon wrote:

>    Geode is hardware specific. It does not build on AMD64, 32 bit only.
>    Look at util/modular/build.sh to find out about platform restrictions.
>    I haven't look at jhbuild yet, but I don't think it handles platform
>    filtering. Does this mean you need to maintain one module set for every
>    permutation of host/cpu?

I think it would be possible to introduce another <autotools> attribute
that specifies a filename to execute, and the retval says if it is
eligible. Then it might be possible that those modules don't appear in
the modules list at all.
The autotools attribute would ensure that that file to execute is a
tracked file and not one accidentally put there.

I think the possibility to enable/disable a module depending on external
conditions is generally appealing.

That would of course require such a file in the modules that don't build
everywhere.

For now I plan to improve the my.modules file, so that it contains
corresponding comments, and include the necessary steps in a future
setup tutorial.

--
Greetings,
Dirk