helping organize x.org documentation

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri May 28 02:14:56 PDT 2010

On 28 May 2010 06:17, Oliver McFadden <oliver.mcfadden at nokia.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 07:09 +0200, ext Alan Coopersmith wrote:

>> Any wiki migration is a huge pain of document conversion, since no two
>> wiki markup languages are exactly alike.

> I'm reasonably sure I remember there being scripts to convert from most
> formats into MediaWiki's syntax -- although how reliable they are is
> another story. But yeah, there would probably be some manual work
> involved.

I've done Moin to MW migrations. My advice is: don't.

There are basically no good wiki migration scripts, because it's the
sort of job people do *once*. So the open source improvement process
doesn't work.

I think there was one good Moin->MW script in the world, and it's now
disappeared and no-one seems to have kept a copy ...

- d.