bitmaps: Changes to 'refs/tags/xbitmaps-1.1.1'

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Dec 8 23:15:16 PST 2010

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> This release still has the file collision with bitmap that I mentioned a while ago.

Sorry, I didn't remember anything about that - but this collision must have
existed since X11R6.0 or so - these aren't new files.

> Stipple is installed by bitmap
> stipple is installed by xbitmaps
>
> How are we going to resolve that?

Tell users with case-insenstive filesystems to use a better bitmap editor than
bitmap?

If one has to change, the one in app/bitmap used by exactly one app seems less
likely to have unexpected side-effects in other apps.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com