xf86-video-chips: pci access byte swapped under powerpc

Donald Kayser xorg at kayser.net
Fri Sep 18 08:26:37 PDT 2009

Thanks Tiago. I know that we are running an older server;  it is
currently the one that is released by debian. This is an embedded
device, this is certainly its last upgrade, and until debian drops a
release with a new version of the server, I am going to stay on the
1.4.x version.

I know that a libpciaccess port has been written for this source, and
I thought about backporting, but I do not want to get into the
situation where I am building the xserver if I can help it.  I greatly
prefer using a distribution like debian for most items, then only
change what I have to.  Our next project will probably move to ubuntu
which seems to be kept updated with X more often than debian.

Thanks again.

Donald