xf86-video-chips: pci access byte swapped under powerpc

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Fri Sep 18 08:07:37 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 04:09:14PM +0200, ext Donald Kayser wrote:
> I have not looked into what wfb is yet, but from the comments from
> Michel, it would seem to support my notion that I don't want to do
> this in software. I personally think it would be too much overhead on
> software to accomplish every swap as data is written to the frame
> buffer.
>
> I don't know what EXA is yet, so I will take some time today and study
> that section of X and see if those hooks work.
>
> I have found a way to make this work, but I am not sure of the
> solution.  I found that I could use the function xf86SetAccessFuncs()
> to pass in  my own EnableAccess and DisableAccess functions. My  new
> functions do nothing to pci config, and all is working at the moment.
>
> I will look into EXA.

You're running an old version of the server. Currently xf86EnableAccess is
just a dummy function and initPciState doesn't exist anymore.

We're trying to move out from the server this hardware access functions and
you should probably go for that other ideas that the guys replied before.
Otherwise you could take at libpciaccess and port to your architecture
requirements.

Cheers,

            Tiago