GSoC project : multi-touch

Detlev Casanova detlev.casanova at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:24:55 PDT 2009

Hey,
About the multitouch GSoC project, I was wondering about some things :
  * would the project be about writing a new driver for multitouch touchpad,
for multitouch tablets and also multitouch tables (working with a video
camera) ?

 * is there already an API for this ? I mean, has it already been thought on
how it should be designed ? XInput seems to have ways to do that (events can
contain data and multiple information)

 * I now I'm a bit late but is there a mentor available for that project and
would he/she mind talking about the project ?

Also, there are some howto's and other pages about XInput on the x.org wiki
but I never see anything about XI2, so, are those for XI1 or XI2 ?

Thanks,

Detlev Casanova.