Please revert Xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Mar 27 18:57:51 PDT 2009

Robert Noland wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 21:42 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> And how does this at all justify thrusting a huge unneeded change on
>> the overall Linux community?
>>

> Ok, I was patient... Don't you mean the Xorg user community?  Or you
> discount FreeBSD, *BSD, Solaris, just to name part of the kabal.  I also
> wouldn't expect the user base to jump up and scream, "hey that is a
> great feature" when I suspect that many have never used it to begin
> with, or at least do so rarely enough to be ambivalent.
>
> robert.

Well yes, the Xorg community.  I wasn't intending to disparage the other
stakeholders here.  And users are speaking out angrily about this change
in the threads that are popping up now.  Again, this change is being
thrust upon the entire overall Xorg community from the lobbying efforts
of a tiny minority group.  That's wrong.  This change needs reverted and
the Emacs community needs to put together some xorg.conf entries if they
are having some key conflict issues with the default Xorg behaviors.

Regards,
Gerry