Summer of code

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed Mar 11 08:03:30 PDT 2009

On Mar 11, 09 16:24:19 +0200, Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> Bill Crawford escreveu:
> > On Tuesday 10 March 2009 03:50:03 Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
> >>  	Another idea, but I'm not a good enough xorg person to supervise this;
> >> getting multiple video cards working again.
>
> We all want this feature. But this is not a typical appliance of SoC
> according Foundation's philosophy. Bring the multiple video cards
> support again is just a procedural task. See our goal [0]:

I wouldn't think so. I'd rather think that this task is too big for SoC.
This involves adding support for GPU objects in RandR, protocol
specifications, security considerations, and a whole pile of code.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de