Summer of code

Tiago Vignatti tvignatti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:24:19 PDT 2009

Bill Crawford escreveu:
> On Tuesday 10 March 2009 03:50:03 Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
>
>>  	Another idea, but I'm not a good enough xorg person to supervise this;
>> getting multiple video cards working again.
>>
>>  	:)
>
> +3

We all want this feature. But this is not a typical appliance of SoC
according Foundation's philosophy. Bring the multiple video cards
support again is just a procedural task. See our goal [0]:

"The X.org board treats GSoC as an opportunity to teach new developers
rather than a chance to get a pile of free code. With this perspective,
if, in two months, the student actually has learned how to contribute to
X Window System, that's a huge step forward. Creating a project which
guides this process with a maximal chance of success is the only tricky
part."

Cheers,

[0] http://wiki.x.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas2008

                     Tiago