X server testing

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Fri Jun 26 12:49:26 PDT 2009

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> I toyed with the idea of fixing this, but it's not something on the top of
> the priority list for me. As you noticed, the internal events don't use this
> notion anymore and neither does XI2. Feel free to fix this, though it's not
> a quick change. All drivers will need fixing, GPE and friends would need
> fixing, etc. And since it's an input API/ABI change, you'll need to either
> hurry to get it in or wait for the next release cycle.

Well, It's even bigger than when I said it's bigger than I had
anticipated first :) But if you supplant first+num with something
sensible, I don't see why drivers would need to be be affected. Just
base it upon a new API and wire it up as postMotion & postMotionP
already do. But there's no hurry.

Cheers,

Simon