X server testing

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Jun 25 17:19:36 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 09:23:56PM -0400, Thomas Jaeger wrote:
> Simon Thum wrote:
> > Thomas Jaeger wrote:
> >> Taking non-accelerated code-paths (and crossing sctreens) into account,
> >> it seems the most sensible place to set dev->last.remainder[...] is
> >> positionSprite, so in-place modification doesn't buy us anything.
> > To support Xi2, I think we need subpixel info per slave and master device.
>
> Each slave device has its own sprite, so that's okay.

not quite correct. the term 'sprite' refers to the visible part of a pointer
device, and slave devices don't have one when they're attached to a master.
they do have one when floating, except that it's not actually rendered.

you're talking about per-device last.valuators and remainders, which applies
to both slave and master devices (since they use the same struct
internally).

Cheers,
  Peter