X server testing

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Tue Jun 23 12:58:06 PDT 2009

Thomas Jaeger wrote:
> Taking non-accelerated code-paths (and crossing sctreens) into account,
> it seems the most sensible place to set dev->last.remainder[...] is
> positionSprite, so in-place modification doesn't buy us anything.
To support Xi2, I think we need subpixel info per slave and master device.

>> could get non-zero under circumstances. In contrast, the server is
>> stuffed with non-obvious logic(to me, at least) depending on it.
> There's probably still a few hidden bugs related to first_valuator (I
> found two during the last couple weeks).  But some drivers actually
> perform the questionable optimization of setting first_valuator to 1 if
> the x-coordinate doesn't change, which causes xserver-1.6 (I haven't
> tested this on master) to report incorrect coordinates in XI events
> (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1078454&aid=2807915&group_id=229797).
> So I'd be very happy with getting rid of first_valuator, but I still
> don't quite see how you would want to do that.
I don't too. Simply see what it is actually used for and try to raise it
to xf86PostMotionP() somehow. Or simply bail on non-zero value and wait
what pops up :)

I presume those 2 occurrences could be fixed without major loss of
functionality.

Cheers,

Simon