HAL support for wacom devices

Ping pinglinux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:37:04 PDT 2009

I am working on porting the Wacom Linux drvier to the latest Xorg server
with the new property interface support.  The driver is currently GPL
licensed.  I heard I need to use MIT/X11 license to be able to host/maintain
the driver under  freedesktop.org/git/xorg.  If this is true, I would have
to wait until we got all the permissions from previous developers, which
would take sometime.  Is it possible for me to expose the GPL'd code at
freedesktop.org/git/xorg before we get the permissions?

Thank you,

Ping