Current tinderbox regressions (video drivers)

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed Feb 25 08:05:13 PST 2009

On Feb 24, 09 19:46:24 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 13:18 -0500, Chris Ball wrote:
> >    > EXA: Handle separate alpha maps properly in Composite fallback
> >    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=170cf1270dff38d3cce7f5ba5b940d1c0d70eff5
> > Driver maintainers:  from this commit onwards, EXA requires you to pass
> > in -DEXA_DRIVER_KNOWN_MAJOR=3, else it'll fail to build.  If you use
> > Prepare/FinishAccess, UploadToScratch or ExaOffscreenSwap*, you'll need
> > to make other changes too.

There used to be a time where API changes were supposed to be upwards
and downwards compatible. I grieve for that time.

Seriously, this change would have been easy to do in a less invasive
manner by not nuking the hook, but just not using it any more. And by
adding an additional hook for the new buffer types.

Enough ranting, radeonhd should be fixed now. Haven't validated, though.
And the r6xx-r7xx-support branch probably needs similar treatment.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de