Current tinderbox regressions (video drivers)

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Feb 24 10:46:24 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 13:18 -0500, Chris Ball wrote:

>    > EXA: Handle separate alpha maps properly in Composite fallback
>    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=170cf1270dff38d3cce7f5ba5b940d1c0d70eff5
>
> Driver maintainers:  from this commit onwards, EXA requires you to pass
> in -DEXA_DRIVER_KNOWN_MAJOR=3, else it'll fail to build.  If you use
> Prepare/FinishAccess, UploadToScratch or ExaOffscreenSwap*, you'll need
> to make other changes too.

ExaOffscreenSwap* wasn't exposed to drivers directly, but
Prepare/FinishAccess hooks indeed need to be checked for being able to
handle the new EXA_PREPARE_AUX* indices, and the UploadToScratch driver
hook is gone, so any driver code referencing it needs to be guarded by

#if EXA_VERSION_MAJOR < 3

> I've attempted to fix up:
>    geode, i128, mga, savage, sis

Thank you, Chris. I guess I should have followed up with the above
information earlier, apologies for any inconvenience.

> which leaves the following still broken:
>    intel, nouveau, nv, radeonhd, trident

I think radeonhd will need similar treatment as radeon.