Janitor/RFC: Xorg packages

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:49:06 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<pcpa at mandriva.com.br> wrote:
>  Some points that could be made better:
>
> 1. Get rid of configure options that should not be used,
>   and are only useful for make distcheck. I think it
>   may be one case where AC_SUBST() can have an
>   important role in the proper solution?

I think you're still missing the reason why it has to be done this
way. We need to ensure that we are only overriding the option for
distcheck. The only reliable thing automake gives us for this
situation is DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS. If we make guesses in
configure about what the situation is, we'll probably get it wrong. If
you don't want to expose the configure option to the user, just don't
add any help text to it.

If you can think of another way, let me know. I haven't found one.

--
Dan