X Lets Go Of Left Mouse Button When CTRL Key Held Down?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Dec 25 16:32:42 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 02:40:31PM -0600, Ole Ersoy wrote:
> I tried using a Fedora 12 live USB and pressing ctrl still causes the left
> mouse button to "release".  Then I tried using a different keyboard, and
> the problem was solved.  So it's my Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Pro
> v2.0 keyboard that's the problem.  Interestingly enough, the problem only
> occurs while dragging.  For example if I press crtl + w to close a firefox
> tab, there's no problem.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

it's likely that your mouse exports keys as well (check the
/dev/input/eventX kernel device with evtes), hence the mixup in the
modifiers. I thought that was fixed by now. Please file a bug for this and
assign it to me, attaching the evtest output for both mouse and keyboard and
the sequence of events you get in xev when you're trying to cltr+drag.

Cheers,
  Peter