Idea: When users press Ctrl+Alt+Bksp, tell them the new way to kill Xorg

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4+gmane at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:55:08 PST 2009

Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at ...> writes:
> > [...]
> > What do you think of my idea?

http://ryanler.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/controlaltbackspace-shortcut-does-not-restart-the-x-server-in-fedora-11/

Peter, that was a mighty concise response.  Did you mean to say, "People will
Google and find out the answer"?

If that's what you meant to say, I argue that it is hard for them to do when
their PC is frozen.  It may save them from having to hold down their PC's power
button, at least for the first time, if Xorg teaches them what to do to kill X.

So I think this would save a large number of Xorg users about two minutes each.
 How much work would this be to implement?