xextproto compatability

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Aug 6 18:51:25 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 01:04:34PM -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2009, at 18:58, Peter Hutterer wrote:
>> Note that as a result of this file removal and renaming, xextproto is
>> only
>> partially compatible to other, already released modules. An upgrade of
>> xextproto from 7.0.x to 7.1.0 also requires upgrades of libXext,
>> libXtst,
>> the X server and possible others.
>
> Is there a tracker bug for modules that need to be fixed and/or released
> for compatability with the new xextproto?
>
> liblbxutil needs to be added to the list :
> ./lbx_zlib/lbx_zlib.c:69:36: error: X11/extensions/lbxzlib.h: No such
> file or directory

AFAIK, this module is dead and looking at the server LBX support was
removed. lbxzlib.h was removed from xextproto before the cleanup.

commit 57d09e47d05fce0d6df4060b2eff9a8efcc25b2f
Author: Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com>
Date:   Wed Jul 15 13:41:36 2009 -0400

Remove most LBX headers.

XLbx.h and lbxstr.h are required for libXext to build, and we're
not allowed to remove API from that.

Any particular reason you're building liblbxutils?

Cheers,
  Peter