Writing Kdrive DDX driver

Franco Catrin L. fcatrin at tuxpan.com
Thu Dec 13 04:55:22 PST 2007

manisha salve <msalve at gmail.com> ha escrito:

> Hi ,
>
> I am writing Kdrive DDX driver for my graphics card . I am completely new to
> xorg programming . In my graphics controller i need to specify the source
> and destination buffer addresses to do the acceleration.
>
> According to my understanding (correct me if i am wrong) , application can
> create windows and pixmaps (drawables) .Xserver will allocate the buffers
> for the applications.To perform graphics operations on these drawable ,
> application has to pass addresses of drawables to the DDX drivers drawing
> primitives.And then DDX driver will write those addresses to the hardware
> registers. I have gone through some DDX drivers from X source code ,

I recommend you to take a look at any of the existing drivers.  As you
will see, you have to implement a set of primitive graphics functions
and you can rely on the vesa driver to do all the "unaccelerated"
functions.

I wrote the neomagic driver and I think that it's so basic that it's a
simple example to understand.

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xserver/xserver/hw/kdrive/neomagic/?pathrev=HEAD

--
Franco Catrin L.