Event Control Miscellany for an Input Redirection Client

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 19 14:03:16 PST 2006

Keith Packard wrote On 01/18/06 18:54,:
> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 17:20 -0800, Deron Johnson wrote:
>
> Until we have at least two, and preferrably more, advanced event
> redirecting applications like LG, I'd like to discourage attempts at
> standardization of these kinds of operations. They'd be most welcome to
> exist on a branch in public CVS, but we're just not ready to try and
> evaluate what the problems are and how best to fix them.

Keeping these specific LG changes in a separate branch will make it
more difficult for projects like Croquet and Enlightenment to experiment
with my changes and determine for themselves whether they need them or
not. They will be faced with the same code-merging headaches that I am
today.

If we can keep these changes in the Xorg head but ifdef them that would
be better. Remember that we have sufficiently picked apart my original
design so that much of the functionality it required will be mainstream
in the server, leaving only a small number of areas which need ifdefs.