Modularization proposal: approved

Paul Anderson pma at anderson.fc.hp.com
Fri Apr 15 09:00:20 PDT 2005

Hello Architecture Working Group,

> > > For the past several months, the Modularization Working Group has been
> > > working on a proposal for how to split the monolithic source tree into
> > > logical modules.  We have discussed this proposal extensively on the
> > > mailing list, IRC, etc.  We would now like to present our proposal to
> > > the Architecture Working Group for approval.
> > >
> > > Here is the link to the proposal:
> > >
> > >     http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularizationProposal
> > >
> > > This proposal provides rationale for modularization, attempts to address
> > > the known concerns people have raised, provides background on other
> > > modularization efforts, explains what the modularized source tree would
> > > look like, outlines the steps required to take this idea from concept to
> > > release, and suggests how future modular releases can be handled.

The discussion period for this proposal closed at the end
of the day on Monday, April 11.  During the discussion period,
no objections were raised.  As a result, this proposal has
been approved, and the Modularization Working Group should
feel free to begin the implementation phase at its convenience.

Best regards,

-paul