[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.5.99.903

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Feb 17 22:32:40 PST 2009

Here's what I'm hoping will be the server 1.6 release. Unless someone
finds a brown-paper-bag bug in the next few days, I'll tag this as 1.6
and push it out soon.

There are a few patches which were nominated but left out of this
release, those added functionality which I thought should be left to the
next release.

-keith

Aaron Plattner (1):
      Query the DDX in ProcRRGetScreenInfo.

Adam Jackson (1):
      RANDR: Fail softly on GetPanning if the screen can't do it.

Alan Coopersmith (3):
      Correct error message if specified config file is not found
      Check for and report errors writing xorg.conf.new from Xorg -configure
      x11-input.fdi: Add options needed to handle adding USB devices on Solaris

Alan Hourihane (1):
      glx: fix retval checks when failures occur for drawable creation.

Eric Anholt (2):
      glx: Don't match fbconfigs to visuals with mismatched channel masks.
      glx: Replace broken GLX visual setup with a fixed "all" mode.

Jeremy Huddleston (3):
      XQuartz: Don't need explicit Activate/EnableDevice in InitInput
      XQuartz: GLX: OpenGL.framework on Tiger doesn't have glBlitFramebufferEXT
      XQuartz: GLX: Fix accidental exclusion of glBlitFramebufferEXT on Leopard

Keith Packard (8):
      Handle matrix computation overflow in RRTransformCompute
      Damage re-used shadow scanout buffer using new transforms.
      Handle the combination of panning and crtc transforms
      mi: force the paired kbd device before CopyKeyClass. (#19574)
      Make crtc_notify wrap/unwrap code do nothing unless mode code is inuse
      Add XkbDir to Files config file section
      Eliminate the shadow clear on transform change
      Bump to 1.5.99.903

Matthias Hopf (5):
      randr: Add monitor option "Panning" for initial panning configuration
      randr: Fix error message for bad panning config
      randr: Update initial screen size if panning information is present
      randr: Oops, miscalculated panning rectangle's coordinates
      randr: Fix initial panning border copy

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade (3):
      Work around inclusion of <X11/extensions/panoramiXext.h>
      Correct static symbol XkmReadTOC and first pass on compile warning fixes.
      Default to use standard bitmap fonts, with builtins as fallback

Peter Hutterer (2):
      xfree86: always force RAW mode under linux.
      mi: don't call UpdateSpriteForScreen if we have Xinerama enabled. #18668

git tag: xorg-server-1.5.99.903

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.5.99.903.tar.bz2
MD5: c80db7b363ea9303243c58e77c464df0  xorg-server-1.5.99.903.tar.bz2
SHA1: 0e5485b38d432fb69cedc650a70550839224f2c0  xorg-server-1.5.99.903.tar.bz2

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.5.99.903.tar.gz
MD5: ef1dda7f0a090d054194cffa955d70aa  xorg-server-1.5.99.903.tar.gz
SHA1: 511227726651742a0a6ecf317f2c530eb6fd946d  xorg-server-1.5.99.903.tar.gz

keith.packard at intel.com