[Mesa-dev] Update on Khronos conformance submissions

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Tue Oct 15 08:38:05 UTC 2019

Hi all,

At XDC and with a few follow ups with Neil we've clarified the process
for submitting conformance results to get the GL/VK trademarks and
everything:

https://www.x.org/wiki/Khronos/

Big update is that we've had a misunderstanding around submissions by
hardware vendors. Those are only a concern for hardware vendors (they
need to be adopters and pay fees even if they're implementation is
based on X.org), we can submit anything that's open and conformant.
Even if there's no corresponding submission by a hardware vendor, and
including software-only renderers.

Hopefully we'll see a bunch more submissions in the future now!

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation