Xorg 7.2 RC2

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sun Nov 19 11:56:20 PST 2006

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 01:33:29PM -0500, Todd Kover wrote:
> It also appears to require libxcb, which hasn't been released and isn't
> contained in the everything directory, though 1.0rc3 is out (aka 0.9.93)
> and >=0.9.92 is required.

libxcb is an external dependency from X.org's point of view. Its
releases are at:
	http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/
XCB 1.0 will be released before X.org 7.2 is final. At this point it
looks like nothing significant will have changed since 1.0rc2; mostly
we've been working on integrating Doxygen into the build.

> FWIW, I'm building on NetBSD 3.0/i386 and am building on a box without
> any X (or, more to the point, in an environment with no X components on
> the path).  I've found some OS specific issues, but I guess those are to
> be reported independantly to the maintainers and not what you're looking
> for in RC testing?

I'd say it's an important part of RC testing but the bugs you find
should go to the individual maintainers. :-)

I, for one, am interested in hearing whether libxcb and the new libX11
work on NetBSD.

--Jamey