Problem with persistent scaling/shifting in RADEONDisplayVideo()

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Jul 28 16:49:43 PDT 2008

On 28.07.2008 22:43, Thomas Hilber wrote:
> wow! it's unbelievable!
>
> I couldn't sleep and finally restarted to test a few things.
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 03:43:45PM +0200, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
>> you look at the displayvideo part, this one uses some of these bits).
>> Also, to disable scaling, maybe the RADEON_SCALER_VERT_PICK_NEAREST
>
> that's it! Great. Simply adding 'RADEON_SCALER_VERT_PICK_NEAREST' to the
> existing flags solves my problem. Where did you ever know that?
Well, PICK NEAREST would indicate some sort of point filter, so no
interpolation with adjacent lines would be done. Not sure why it solves
your problem though, since I didn't really understand what's happening
in the first place, but since you'd want to really pick just the odd /
even lines it seemed appropriate to disable (vertical) interpolation
(you could also try disabling horizontal interpolation, but I doubt it
really makes a difference in image quality).

Roland