Problem with persistent scaling/shifting in RADEONDisplayVideo()

Thomas Hilber xorg-driver-ati at toh.cx
Mon Jul 28 13:43:02 PDT 2008

wow! it's unbelievable!

I couldn't sleep and finally restarted to test a few things.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 03:43:45PM +0200, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> you look at the displayvideo part, this one uses some of these bits).
> Also, to disable scaling, maybe the RADEON_SCALER_VERT_PICK_NEAREST

that's it! Great. Simply adding 'RADEON_SCALER_VERT_PICK_NEAREST' to the
existing flags solves my problem. Where did you ever know that?

I must admit I did not test all possible permutations of all these
scale_cntl flags the last few days. In particular because I don't know
their meaning.

Thank you all for this excellent teamwork. I started to prepare a few
more ascii pictures to better describe my problem. But all is solved now.

I now can't sleep because I'm so excited:)

Cheers
   Thomas