TV-Out with current xf86-video-ati git

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 23:35:51 PST 2006

On 12/9/06, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero at arklinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to patch the current xf86-video-ati driver with tv-out support.
>
> The patch I've come up with based on the patch for 6.5.8.0
> (http://megahurts.dk/rune/tv_output.html) can be found at
> http://www.arklinux.org/~bero/xorg-ati-20061130-tvout.patch -- it's probably
> a good starting point, but I must be missing something somewhere -- the TV
> goes black when the X server is started.

You'll probably want to check on the gatos lists since that is gatos
code.  Also, I see you have an IGP chip.  Those chips are different in
a number of ways and tv-out on them may not work the same as on other
chips.

Alex

> Logs look ok and do talk about TVOutput and theater_out (if anyone wants to
> see it, Xorg -verbose 9 output is at
> http://www.arklinux.org/~bero/Xorg.log.atitv ).
>
> Can someone who is more familiar with the driver/hardware take a look? Or is
> there a better solution for ATI TV-Out these days?

I'm not familiar with the gatos TV-out code, however, I am slowly
adding tv-out support to the radeon driver myself.  So far I haven't
had too much luck.  I'd a very complicated process compared to all the
other ouputs and I've yet to get it working successfully.

Alex