TV-Out with current xf86-video-ati git

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Sat Dec 9 13:47:56 PST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to patch the current xf86-video-ati driver with tv-out support.

The patch I've come up with based on the patch for 6.5.8.0
(http://megahurts.dk/rune/tv_output.html) can be found at
http://www.arklinux.org/~bero/xorg-ati-20061130-tvout.patch -- it's probably
a good starting point, but I must be missing something somewhere -- the TV
goes black when the X server is started.

Logs look ok and do talk about TVOutput and theater_out (if anyone wants to
see it, Xorg -verbose 9 output is at
http://www.arklinux.org/~bero/Xorg.log.atitv ).

Can someone who is more familiar with the driver/hardware take a look? Or is
there a better solution for ATI TV-Out these days?

Thanks,
bero