gitlab: failing check-merge-request on non MR branches

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Feb 15 23:23:27 UTC 2024

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 12:15:52PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> Hello friends,
>

> is it intended that the check-merge-request job is always failing on
> non MR branches ?

See commit 88637d42dbc5c488c9a75a6042e6778c4928b007 in ci-templates for
the motivation. I think that default has been fixed in gitlab since
(can't immediately find a setting for it though). Now that we have
workflows we can probably make that job dependent on
CI_PIPELINE_SOURCE == 'merge_request_event' or something.

Cheers,
  Peter