gitlab: failing check-merge-request on non MR branches

tlaronde at kergis.com tlaronde at kergis.com
Thu Feb 15 11:34:00 UTC 2024

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 12:15:52PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> Hello friends,
>

> is it intended that the check-merge-request job is always failing on
> non MR branches ?

When requesting a merge, I had errors with the CI. But this had to do
with the git commit messages.

A message shall have a one brief line of description. Then an empty
line. And then, perhaps, a more precise description of the
modifications commited.

The failure had, for me, nothing to do with the fact that it was
a fork, but simply CI checks that failed (about the commit messages).
You have to look at the exact messages about the failure to understand
and hopefully fix what is wrong.

HTH,
--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/