Release of access to Logs environment CI - GitLab- Xorg

Willian Mendonça williandouglasferrari at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 16:23:18 UTC 2023

Dear,

My name is Willian Mendonça, and I am a doctoral student at the Federal
University of Paraná, in Curitiba, Brazil. I am part of the GRES group and
I am a researcher in the field of Software Engineering. We are currently
developing a configurables system. We have already created a prioritization
approach and are currently working on a test case selection approach. Our
intention is to expand on this approach by combining other approaches, for
example a approach of selection and prioritization. In addition, we are
exploring the inclusion of prediction algorithms in our research.

Our approaches have the potential to assist the community in optimizing the
continuous integration process, with a specific focus on regression
testing. Considering that highly configurable systems are subject to
frequent changes, we found that the process of retesting all test cases is
often costly. Therefore, our objective is to select and/or prioritize test
cases, aiming to optimize this process and reduce its impact.

Here are some of our works:
https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3382025.3414967
https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3503229.3547031
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10664-021-10093-3

GitHub:
https://github.com/willianferrari/Test2Feature
https://github.com/jacksonpradolima/Coleman4HCS-old

To perform better validations of our approaches, we have developed a tool
for downloading and mining logs:
https://github.com/jacksonpradolima/gitlabci-torrent. However, in order to
use this tool, we need to obtain access permission from you, as the Gitlab
API returns a "not found" error due to access restrictions through the API,
when we tried to mine Xorg(in specific the x-server project) repository
logs: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver.

To try to explain better what I need access rights, just to be able to
download the CI logs. This access can be read-only access via the REST API
(i.e. personal token with read_api (
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/profile/personal_access_tokens.html#personal-access-token-scopes)
scope. If it is possible to release this access, it can be using the github
account itself.

With the availability of these logs, we have the opportunity to validate
our approaches and share them with the community. This allows us to
significantly contribute to the advancement of the area. Furthermore, we
intend to disseminate our results in the Xorg community, promoting
discussions and enabling the identification of improvement opportunities
for future improvements.

If it is possible to grant this authorization, I would be very grateful, it
would help many in the validation process,

Thank you very much in advance...

--
Att.

Doutorando em Informática - DINF
Universidade Federal do Paraná-UFPR

Mestre em Engenharia de Sistemas Dinâmicos e Energéticos
Unioeste - PTI

Bacharel em Sistemas de Informação
Faculdade Sul Brasil - Fasul

Contatos:
Telefone: +55 (45) 3057-0771
Celular: +55 (45) 99825-3393
"Sempre e nunca são palavras que você sempre deve lembrar e nunca usá-las."

Willian Mendonça