noob's question alert: argb visual not found

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Feb 18 00:05:11 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 18:51 +0530, Amit Pundir wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I'm trying to create a semi-transparent X11 window. My main aim is to
> draw a translucent window and some 3D(OpenGL-ES2) objects on top of
> it.
>
> Here is the code http://pastebin.com/m23f802ed

As I pointed out to you on IRC, you can't use CopyFromParent for the
window depth/visual because you want to use a different depth/visual
than the root window's. Why did you post here without at least fixing
that?

After you left, Daniel Stone mentioned there being more questionable
things about the code, but I haven't looked beyond the above.