1.10 freeze delayed?

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Thu Dec 2 02:31:15 PST 2010


On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 09:48:03PM -0800, ext Keith Packard wrote:
> Ok, so the 1.10 release freeze is scheduled to happen today, and yet I
> find myself to be the one asking if I might have a bit more time to
> finish up some new code. I've been trying to get the per-crtc-pixmap
> code landed for the last (several) months and just haven't managed. It's
> not a huge amount of code, and I think I can get it done (and maybe even
> reviewed) by Monday.
> Anyone have any issues with delaying the freeze for a few days while I
> finish this up? Most of what I need to do is split a giant single patch
> up into reviewable pieces and hack up support in at least one video
> driver.
> The driver ABI changes are all source compatible; just new functions
> that expose the new functionality.

I don't know exactly the amount of modifications you're talking for the
per-crtc-pixmap work but you may want to get community review I guess, which
would take even more time to integrate on master. Nevertheless, for me it's
okay to delay the freeze a bit, if we keep the same release date.

Apart from that, the input-thread work is "ready" and also the optionalization
of libpciaccess... well, I had an endless discussion with Mark Kettenis about
it but for me was just nitpicking. But I'm not feeling motivated enough to
push forward the development for these. I'd be happy to help anyone take over


More information about the xorg-devel mailing list