Merged proto package

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Fri Apr 16 11:18:59 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 08:34 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Do any of the proto packages install arch-specific headers? Certainly
> there are arch-dependent definitions in the headers, but they go in
> the same file with #ifdefs, right?

If you look at build.sh. none of the libraries have platform checks,
except for Apple and Windows. I was wondering about those two, so I
tried to dig deeper in the notion of arch-specific. My understanding is
that for a given OS, the data must apply to any architecture (I believe
it is "hardware" architecture). So 32 vs 64 bits and so on. I could not
find any formal definition, however.