xset r rate error (extension "XFree86-Misc" missing)

Cryptooctoploid cryptooctoploid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:16:44 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Julien Cristau <jcristau at debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 17:35:13 +0000, Octoploid wrote:
>
>> I upgraded to the latest git version today and "xset r rate"
>> does not work anymore:
>> % xset r rate 300 150
>> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display ":0.0".
>>
>> It looks like XFree86-Misc has been removed. How do I set
>> my keyboard rate and delay now?
>>
> Are you sure it doesn't work?  The missing XFree86-Misc is only a
> warning (which is expected with Xorg >= 1.6), and xset should work
> without it.

Ah, you're right I can type in different values and the behavior
changes, but it appears to be very buggy to me.
Firstly when I use  "xset r rate 300 150" I don't get my old behavior
back, instead the rate is too slow.
Secondly when I change the first number (delay) to (e.g.) 50 I get
my old speed back, but only for <1 second and then the rate slows
down again and stays slow.