problems with keyboard-layout: evdev-Problem?

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Thu Nov 21 02:31:46 PST 2013

Am 11/21/2013 11:13 AM, schrieb Peter Hutterer:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:28:47AM +0100, Daniel Spannbauer wrote:

>>> silly question, but do any other layouts work? is the log different for the
>>> other keyboards?
>>>
>>> if you don't have a desktop environment changing the layout then the above
>>> should work, provided the input class is applied.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>    Peter
>>>

>> Hello Peter,
>>
>> it doesn't matter which keyboard-layout is configured (always tested on
>> a plain X, only xterm running).
>>
>> But only with our Embedded-Keyboard. If I "normal" usb keyboard is also
>> attached and I press only one key on that keyboard the Embedded-Keyboard
>> has configured layout also.
>
> weird. the layouts are applied per-device, so even if the layout isn't
> applied to your keyboard correctly it should switch back to US by default.
> Honestly not sure what's broken here, sorry. Is the device a normal evdev
> device?
>
> Cheers,
>    Peter

Hellop Peter,

think we misunderstood....
our keyboard is a keyboard for hazardous environments. Its a Keyboard
with touchpad.
This keyboard (I call it "our keyboard") connected and a configuered
german layout (Option  "XkbLayout"     "de") the layout ist still "us"
on a plain X in a started Xterm. If I connect a usb keyboard and pressed
a key on that usb keyboard, the layout on the usb keyboard is german. On
our keyboard the layout then is german to. I only have to press a key
(it doesn't matter which key) than the layout on both keyboards is german.

The same with any other keyboard layout.

What is a "normal evdev device"? And how can I find out if the layout is
applied correctly to our keyboard? As you can the in former mails the
Xorg-log sais that the layout is german.

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Systemadministration
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 171775 Amtsgericht München