[ANNOUNCE] xproto 7.0.19

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Nov 4 14:39:48 PDT 2010

Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> 2010/11/4 Matt Dew <matt at osource.org>:
>> 2010/11/4 Gaetan Nadon <memsize at videotron.ca>:
>>> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 17:55 -0200, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>>>
>>> About garbled text converting to txt, I also get it.
>>>
>>> So I am not the only one.
>>>
>>> The error you are talking about was fixed in my distro:
>>>
>>> 2008
>>>
>>> xmlto (0.0.20-3) unstable; urgency=low
>>>
>>> * debian/control (Suggests): Added xmltex now providing passivetex
>>>      (closes: #416622, #440518). Thanks to Robert Wohlrab.
>>>      (Description): Added information about fop/docbook-xsl as
>>>      alternative to passivetex.
>>>    * debian/patches/499200_cannot_parse_XSLTPARAMS.dpatch: Added.
>>>      - xmlto.in: Fixed error message using --stringparam switch
>>>        (closes: #499200). Thanks to Zed Pobre.
>>>    * debian/patches/00list: Adjusted.
>>>
>> What kind of garbled text?   Is it basically one long line with no formatting?
>> Matt
>>

> Here, I think it was a reader issue, because with Midnight Commander,
> in the last days, I'd see it garbled, but with notepad on Windows, it
> looks normal.
>
> Anyway, randrproto.txt looks a bit strange here. Things like.
>
> ┌───
>     RRSetCrtcTransform
> 	crtc: CRTC
> 	transform: TRANSFORM
> 	filter: STRING8
> 	values: LISTofFIXED
> └───
> 	Errors: Crtc, Match

Are you viewing in a UTF-8 locale?   Many of our text documents assume
the UTF-8 character set, but unlike xml/html have no way to specify
that to the viewer.

In UTF-8 locales, those are line drawing characters:
┌───
    RRSetCrtcTransform
        crtc: CRTC
        transform: TRANSFORM
        filter: STRING8
        values: LISTofFIXED
└───

randrproto.txt is a hand-written text file, not generated by any of our tools.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com