Switching between a software and a hardware mouse cursor

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Mar 5 10:45:52 PST 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-27 at 15:46 +0100, Michael Thayer wrote:

> Another would be
> to add a return value to the DDX CRTC functions "load_cursor_argb", so
> that if the KMS driver failed to set the cursor, "modesetting" could
> pass this on to the X server.

Actually we really should make load_cursor_argb return something other
than void.  Some particularly incapable server GPUs have format
restrictions on their hardware cursors that mean _some_ ARGB cursors
could be made to work but not all; and right now, the fallback code in
-modesetting doesn't get this case right, and you end up with no cursor
at all.

- ajax