X11 crashes

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 13:40:35 UTC 2024

Hi

On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 8:27 PM Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <
info at metux.net> wrote:

> On 04.06.24 13:43, Rathnavel J N wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >       I'm using remote desktop application zohoassist, when i drag this
> > window during session, x 11 crash and take me to greeter screen.
>
> which xserver version are you using ?
>

> > logs
> >   (EE) Backtrace:
> > [ 16306.621] (EE) 0: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (OsLookupColor+0x13c)
> > [0x560de7dfef7c]
>
> ohoh. Can you somehow trace the traffic - which color name is requested ?
>
> Maybe you've hit by some old bug I've fixed few month ago ?
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/commit/8c4a015cc2e09dd9314e9e5e33c22765b4ea7474

The backtrace ending in OsLookupColor() is a red herring, this is just how
the backtrace code works, the problem is rather in the modesetting driver
I'd say.

You'd need a backtrace with symbols, preferably from gdb. You might want to
check in coredumctl.

Also, having this part of a discussion in xorg-devel is not ideal, there's
an issue created for that in gitlab, that would be more appropriate to keep
track of the technical discussions I think:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/issues/1685

Cheers
Olivier