Request for Guidance on Contributing to X.Org and Interest in EVOC Program

Jayant Pranjal jayant.pranjal123 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 14:28:39 UTC 2024

Dear X.Org Members,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Jayant Pranjal, and I am
currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science and Engineering at IIT BHU.
I am writing to express my interest in contributing to X.Org and to seek
guidance on how to start this journey. Additionally, I am keen to
participate in the Endless Vacation of Code (EVOC) program.

I have always been passionate about open-source development, and I believe
that contributing to X.Org would be a fantastic opportunity to enhance my
skills, collaborate with experienced developers, and give back to the
community. However, as I am new to this, I would greatly appreciate any
advice or resources that could help me get started.

Specifically, I am looking for guidance on the following:

   1. *First Steps*: How can I set up my development environment, and what
   initial tasks would you recommend for someone new to X.Org?
   2. *Communication Channels*: Which forums, mailing lists, or chat groups
   would be the best to join to stay updated and engaged with the community?
   3. *Mentorship*: Are there any mentors or experienced contributors who
   would be willing to provide occasional guidance as I navigate my initial
   contributions?
   4. *EVOC Program*: I am very interested in the EVOC program and would
   like to know more about the application process, eligibility criteria, and
   any tips for preparing a strong proposal.

I am eager to learn and contribute meaningfully to the project. Any
assistance or direction you could provide would be immensely valuable to me.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I look forward to your
response and to becoming an active member of the X.Org community.

Best regards,

Jayant Pranjal
jayant.pranjal123 at gmail.com
Computer Science and Engineering