[ANNOUNCE] fslsfonts 1.0.6

Dave Howorth xorg at howorth.org.uk
Sat Sep 10 19:20:50 UTC 2022

I wrote:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2022 09:55:07 -0700
Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:

> fslsfonts produces a list of fonts served by an X font server.

Pardon my ignorance, but my google-foo is weak apparently, and I
haven't been able to dicover what the difference is between fslsfonts
and xlsfonts. The man pages provide no clue, apart from fslsfonts is
more recent. What is the difference? Something political or something
functional? Where can I read an explanation, and why isn't it referred
to in the man page?

and having looked further, I think I now understand. But I still think
that the man page for fslsfonts should make clear what it is,
particularly since it is, misleadingly IMHO, called fs-ls-fonts rather
than xfs-ls-fonts or xft-ls-fonts (I still don't understand which or
both?).