Wayland compatibility layer

Lyude Paul lyude at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 21:10:02 UTC 2022

Hi, I saw this and had a couple questions. When you say "wayland compatibility
layer" I assumed at first this was for some reason a duplicate of nested
compositors but I think I may have misunderstood. Is this basically the
opposite of Xwayland, e.g. allowing X to act as a wayland compositor with
twelveto11 as the translation layer?

On Thu, 2022-10-20 at 13:08 +0800, Po Lu wrote:
> Over the past several months, I and some other individuals wrote a
> Wayland compositor that runs on common X setups.  The code can be found
> here:
>
>   https://sourceforge.net/projects/twelveto11/

Also JFYI - seeing as this is a freedesktop/x.org adjacent project you're more
then welcome to use our gitlab instance if you'd like something a bit more
accessible to host your code on.

--
Cheers,
 Lyude Paul (she/her)