[ANNOUNCE] libXft 2.3.7

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Wed Nov 16 09:08:26 UTC 2022

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 03:27:38PM -0500, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> Thomas E. Dickey (4):
>       libxft issue #15
>       fix compiler warning
>       libxft issue #16

I hadn't thought of this while committing the changes,
but had used short titles because a CI rule limited lines to 80 columns.
(I saw some note about that being undone for some projects(*), uncertain...).

For the record, the full titles here would be longer than 80:

    libxft issue #16

            https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxft/-/issues/16

    Stack gets smashed in fonts with colors when calling XftGlyphRender

            BGRA changes made incorrect comparison for local vs allocated
            buffer in XftGlyphSpecRender

and

    libxft issue #15

            https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxft/-/issues/15

    XftFontLoadGlyphs for mono font returns wrong info in extents from
    XftTextExtentsUtf8 for variable chars

    Patch by Scott Mcdermott, based on

            https://github.com/googlefonts/Inconsolata/issues/42

(*) when I encounted this limit, it was necessary to rebase a lot of
    history to successfully merge a pull-request.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net